Melanated Pearl is a nonprofit organization whose mission centers around the empowering, educating and uplifting of women.
In response to Black Lives Matter
Black is under ATTACK!! Say Her Name is intended to serve as a resource for the media, organizers, researchers, policy makers, and other stakeholders to better understand and address Black women’s experiences of profiling and policing.
- Our goal is to continue to support wellness in Black women from all facets, especially in times of heightened stress.
- We exist to create a safe digital space for Black Women! @melanated_pearl We believe that supporting Black Women spreads positivity and impacts all aspects of society.
- We celebrate the melanin in black skin and draw strength from black collective experiences.
- We refer to a Black Women as PEARLs. PEARL is an acronym meaning Passionate Engaged Activists, Resisting Limitations and we speak to our audiences passions, engage them, give them a call to action and show them how to resist the idea that they are limited in any way.
Although many other organizations serving black communities certainly exist, Melanated Pearl Corp is grounded in servant leadership. During this time of unrest we are focused on actionable items and are developing tools, strategies, and resources to Educate, Uplift, and Empower. #melanatedpearl The TRUTH is this “Although Black women are routinely killed, raped, and beaten by the police, their experiences are rarely foregrounded in popular understandings of police brutality!”#stoppolicebrutality #stopkillingus In addition to stories of Black women who have been killed by police and who have experienced gender-specific forms of police violence, Say Her Name provides some analytical frames for understanding their experiences and broadens dominant conceptions of who experiences state violence and what it looks like. #melanatedpearl #pearlgirl#blackwomen #blacklivesmatter
PEARL is an acronym meaning Passionate Engaged Activists, Resisting Limitations
Using a combination of social media, community organizing, collective action and skilled based knowledge, we prepare 21st century activist to resist their demographics and economic status by building a village of holistic support that promotes purposeful passion and positive self awareness using a skilled based approach.Crystal Perry, Melanated Pearl Corp
In response to COVID19
Pandemics, like any disaster, strain individuals, family, community, business, and societal resources. As we all work to develop new strategies to fund our lifestyles, nonprofits, small businesses, and artistic practices, Melanated Pearl Corporation reminds us that Black communities and black women, in particular, have always known how to adapt, survive, and make do with what we have. What do we have? We have each other! While the current state of various industries might be up in the air, one thing is for certain…some good will come out of this if we stick together. During this time unparalleled unrest, Melanated Pearl Corporation reminds active living in our mission to educate, uplift, and empower.
Melanated Pearl Corporation presents the Bridge Fund “I’m in for $10”
Melanated Pearl Corporation presents the Bridge Fund “I’m in for $10” Ask yourself -“Have you ever been just $100 dollars short but end up paying a fee for overdraft charges? What if you could apply for a bridge?”
The “I’m in for $10” Bridge Fundraiser launched in October 2019 with a goal to rope in 10 to 15 key fundraisers as proof that working women are willing to contribute to the growth of another. The soft launch has helped build the momentum and confidence required to materialize the full campaign. The soft launch success roped in a broader supporter base and, donors quickly showed their willingness to be a part of a campaign that shows the support of Black Women in particular.
- You must put in to pull out. All Bridge Fund recipients must contribute $10.00 to the fund.
- You must be working in Georgia (full or part-time).
Program Description: Melanated Pearl Corp Fundraiser “BRIDGE FUND” – I’m in for $10
- The Bridge Fund is not a loan, it is considered a grant and does not have to be repaid.
- Post a picture of yourself holding $10 on social media and tag #melanatedpearl #iminfor10 #wherethebagat2020
- Donate $10 or more
- via CashApp $MelanatedPearlCorp or
- Spread the word and volunteer!
READY to support NOW?
Melanated Pearl Corporation helps black women accomplish personal, professional, and financial success by providing a virtual space to seek advice, resources, mentorships and share stories of triumph.
The name of this non-profit organization is MELANATED PEARL CORPORATION. This organization is organized in accordance with the Georgia Nonprofit Corporation Code. The organization has not been formed for the purposes of making profit or obtaining personal financial gain. The assets and income of this organization shall not be distributed to or for the benefit of the trustees, directors, or any other officers. The assets and income shall only be used to promote non-profit purposes. All donations are tax deduct contributions made directly to the organization.