While the COVID-19 pandemic has required our organization to shift our outreach tactics to reflect recommendations of the CDC and public health officials, Melanated PEARL’s core mission of supporting and encouraging women and and families has never changed. Thanks to a Board Volunteer we are able to research and post employment opportunities for those actively seeking employment (#week3). Current postings are based on data received weekly and target employment in Clayton County and South Metro Atlanta. If you would like more targeted support please complete the employment support form below.
Week of February 8, 2021
Production Associate – PM Shift (Newnan)
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
The Production Associate performs activities as directed on the production line. The Production Associate is responsible for following all safety, GMP and SQF policies/procedures, as well as adherence to PPE/hygiene policies, in cooperation with the supervisor.
You will …
- Follow guidelines for proper assembly and production of food kit boxes on the assembly line.
- Respectfully support and follow direction from all managers and supervisors about line performance.
- Ensure all actions better the business of HelloFresh and do not break any company policies.
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the Quality Assurance and/or Supervisor.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Occasionally required to prepare ingredients using tools such as food scales, measuring spoons and cups, etc., as needed
- Respectful of others and have a positive attitude
- Communications: expresses ideas and thoughts clearly and with tact and diplomacy.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must be willing and able to work entire schedule as we cannot accommodate partial shifts or early/late arrivals.
- Must be able to count and have basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and fractions).
- Able to work in a cold prep area kept at 35 degrees.
- Able to regularly lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance.
At a minimum, you have…
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year of related experience is preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Basic mathematics
- Competitive Salary & 401K company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
Warehouse Associate – American Lumper Services (Union City)
Job details: Salary: $13 an hour
Job Type: Full-time
Number of hires for this role: 4
- US work authorization (Required)
- Warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)
Order Picker – Onin (Jonesboro)
Salary: $15 an hour
Job Type: Temporary
We are currently hiring for a order selector in the Jonesboro, GA area. Order selectors will be picking orders, using an RF scan gun and using a tugger. Lifting up to 65 lbs. Schedule is Monday-Friday 6am- Finish (must be flexible with the schedule). Starting pay is $15.00 an hour. Temp to perm position, attendance is essential in order to be eligible for direct hired after meeting the probationary period.
- Must be able to work the entire shift
- Must be able to stand, bend, twist and lift.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
Onin believes that your health is important. Medical benefits should be affordable and easy to use with your busy schedule. That’s why we offer our teammates custom-built benefits that are affordable and convenient to use. When you’re a part of our team, you have will have affordable benefits you’ll actually want to use such as; $5 Prescription drug copays, $5 Doctor’s Visit copays, Free Teledoctor Service, Free Counseling Services, Life Insurance Included, Vision Insurance Included, Dental Insurance Included, Vacation and Holiday Pay and Scholarship Opportunities. You will get these amazing benefits and more after just 30 days.
Warehouse Associate – United States Cold Storage (McDonough)
Who We Are: USCS is driven to advance, innovate and serve companies seeking the best service, facilities, and logistics in the cold chain. We are employee focused, an equal employment opportunity employer and would love to have you join our team.
- Shipping and Receiving: Unload and load trailers and verify proper stacking and freight not being mixed on pallets, one item to a pallet as required unless instructed otherwise. Tape or stretch-wrap pallet as required to ensure product stability.
- Checking: Prior to product storage, count all product, compare your counts to the drivers’ manifest and check all shipments for damage, infestation and production code dates. Report shortages damages and misplacements to your immediate supervisor who will forward the information to the appropriate parties. Must be able to move product to the storage locations. Must also be able to stack and store the product in the appropriate areas. Must be able to verify receipt of product at appropriate temperature.
- Over, Short, and Damage: Identify and recover any received or shipping damage consistent with Company policy. Report all shortages and overages to your area supervisor.
- Inventory: If needed, assist in physical inventories with use of scanners. Ensure proper stock rotation by following lot number identification.
- Order Picking: Pull and prepare product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is located and shipped, Make certain product comes from the proper locations and the lot numbers correspond to the picking documents. Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards. Pallets height can reach up to 7 feet.
- Loading: Efficiently move product from the staging or storage areas into railcars or trailers.
- Equipment: Load, unload, move, stack and stage product and materials using a forklift, clamp truck, slip-sheet or other power equipment. Maintain the facilities, equipment and materials in a neat, clean orderly fashion. Daily inspections and verify equipment is operating prior to the start of the day’s activity. Advise your supervisor of any problems encountered. Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: Previous high reach forklift and/or warehouse training
Other Abilities You Will Need to Have:
- Bend and lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Lift up to 70lbs with assistance on an occasional basis
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Use hands to handle objects, tools, or controls
- Be able to speak and hear for safety and productivity
- Use scanners, tablets, radio, phones, and other warehouse machinery
- Ability to lift overhead
- Ability to work overtime is an essential part of this position due to demand
- Drive a registered motor vehicle to satisfy daily requirements
- Have acceptable and / or correctable vision
- Work in an atmosphere range of + 50 to – 30 degrees F with a moderate noise level
- Personal interaction and communication required to and from other people is extremely high
- Good arithmetic and reading skills
- Understand and follow verbal instruction, written instruction and company policies
- A self-starter that can work independently and coordinate with others
- Work in a fast pace environment with the ability to manage stress and productivity guidelines
The Standard Details:
- Always maintain a professional manner in appearance and communications.
- Participate in staff and/or customer meetings if required.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality systems.
- Identify and record any issues relating to product, processes and/or quality.
- Initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through appropriate channels.
- Verify the implementation of solutions.
- Always follow posted security procedures at all times while in the building.
- Always follow safety procedures at all times.
- Participate in Safety and Educational Training.
What’s In It For You:
A great company with great people. Full-time employees not under contract are offered: 401K and Educational Assistance after 1 year; If elected, Blue Cross Blue Shield after 30 days of service; Company Life Insurance; and a bunch of other great perks.
Things We Need To Mention:
- The above job description may not include all tasks necessary to complete the job.
- Job functions may vary based on area of operation. The job description is a listing of the most common tasks the associate will be required to perform in that job area.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Job details: Salary: $13.50 an hour
Job Type: Part-time
Full Job Description
As a Store Associate, you’ll be responsible for merchandising and stocking product, cashiering, and cleaning to keep the store looking its best. You’ll enhance the customer shopping experience by building relationships with customers, answering questions and providing exceptional customer service.
Position Type: Part-Time
Average Hours: Less than 30 hours/week
Starting Wage: $13.50/hour plus a pay increase after the first year of employment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Processes customer purchases, perform general cleaning duties, merchandise products, stocks shelves and displays neatly to maximize visibility and sales.
- Assist customers with problems or concerns, and contacts management as appropriate to assist.
- Collaborates with team members and communicate relevant information to direct leader.
- Provide feedback to management on all products, inventory losses, scanning errors, and general issues that could impact productivity.
- Participates in taking store inventory counts according to guidelines and monitoring inventory.
- Complies with all established company policies and procedures while upholding the security and confidentiality of documents and data.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to stock merchandise from store receiving to shelving.
- Ability to place product, weighing up to 45 pounds, on shelving at various heights.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry, and walk about the store.
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to provide prompt and courteous customer service.
- Ability to operate a cash register efficiently and accurately.
- Ability to safely and properly operate equipment, including electric/manual hand jack, floor scrubber, and cardboard baler.
- Ability to perform general cleaning duties to company standards.
- Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to stay organized, give attention to detail, follow instructions and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
- Meets any state and local requirements for handling and selling alcoholic beverages.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Prior work experience in a retail environment preferred.
- A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
VIRTUAL Warehouse Hiring Event – February 10 (Ft Gillem/Ellenwood) – SEE LINK BELOW!
Job details: Salary: $15 an hour
Job Type: Full-time
Number of hires for this role: 10+
- Warehouse Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Kuehne + Nagel, one of the world’s leading third-party logistics providers, is holding interviews for various warehouse positions at our Fort Gillem location.
We will be holding VIRTUAL events through February!. If you cannot register for this event, there will be more!
Offers on the spot!
Open positions include:
Warehouse Associates 1st & 2nd shift
Interviews will take place: Wednesday, 2/10 11 am to 2 pm
This will be a Virtual event and all interviews will be conducted via zoom.
Please be sure to sign up for your interview time slot as soon as possible. Slots will fill quickly!
Kuehne + Nagel is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package to full time employees. Whether you’re an experienced professional, graduate or student, Kuehne + Nagel offers you exciting career opportunities to join a world class leading logistics organization with over 1200 office locations in over 100 countries.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
Schedule: 8 hour shift
Experience: Warehouse Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Forklift experience
- Computer literacy
- Data entry
- Pallet jack