Working with a Board Member volunteer, Melanated PEARL Corp provides employment links weekly with hiring requirements. The Melanated PEARL Corporation seeks to help grantees and adults in Clayton County and South Metro Atlanta secure employment. We are actively working to support those who have experienced a loss income and who want to work to gain the skills they need to get a job and keep it.
Week of March 22, 2021
Office Assistant/Customer Service – Farmers Insurance Agency (Riverdale)
Full Job Description
To provide an excellent customer experience for potential and existing clients. Assist agency owner with attaining agency sales and service goals
Customer Service responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Provides customer service to assigned policyholders
- Assists customers with problems, complaints and other issues
- Notifies agent/office manager of problems occurring from support area and recommend solution
- Updates information in client system, e.g., contact information, e-mail addresses, current phone numbers, etc.
- Runs birthday call list and ensure birthday salutation are sent
- Takes and receipts payments accurately
- Answers all phone calls
- Reviews monthly pay/cancel list and sends cancellation emails and follow up calls weekly
- Calls customers prior to cancel date
- Always asks for referrals and thanks customers for their business
- Outbound calls to generate leads.
- Assist in the lead generation process
- Schedule appointments with existing or prospective customers for agency employees
- Performs daily administrative functions to assist agency owner
- Handles email campaigns for agency
- Completes Welcome Kits for new clients
- Send Thank You cards to new clients
- Assist with set up and execution of agency events
- Set clients up for Farmers “My Account”
- Maintain Supply List
- Check Voicemail
Warehouse Team Member – Amazon (Rex)
Full Job Description
Overnight, Early Morning, Day, Evening, Weekend
Location: Newnan, GA
Job opportunities vary by location. We update postings daily with open positions.
Hourly pay rate:
Earn $15/hr or more
Immediate openings available now.
Become part of the dedicated team that gets orders ready for people relying on Amazon’s service. From flexible part-time roles to full-time set schedules with health care benefits, Amazon has a variety of jobs. Find the right Amazon opportunity for you today.
Amazon remains open as an essential business to serve our communities delivering critical supplies directly to the doorsteps of people who need them. Find out what Amazon is doing to provide a safe environment for employees at this time on our COVID-19 FAQ page.
Candidates must be 18 years or older with the ability to read and speak English for safety purposes.
Reasons you’ll love working here:
Health and safety are a top priority with all of our roles and sites. We continue to consult with medical and health experts, and take all recommended precautions in our buildings and stores to keep people healthy.
Earn more: You can expect a competitive wage and reliable paycheck when you work for Amazon.
- Career development: Many of our entry-level employees become leaders in operations, HR, and other areas. See where your Amazon journey can take you.
- Benefits: Our range of benefits can include health care starting on day one, employee discounts, 401(k) savings plans, paid time off and more! Find out which benefits you’ll get after you choose your role with us.
- Stay active: You’ll be on the move for your whole shift in our fast-paced environments.
- Amazon is hiring for the following types of roles in your area:
- Fulfillment Centers – Work inside an Amazon warehouse, selecting, packing and shipping customer orders. If you like a fast-paced, physical position that gets you up and moving, then come help bring orders to life. Work a set, full-time schedule. Shift options include overnight and days, and usually at least one weekend day.
- Basic qualifications:
- High school, GED, or equivalent diploma
Material Handler – Navistar (Fairburn)
Full Job Description
Navistar is pleased to offer a temporary short-term position as Material Handler, expected to last from May 2021 thru September 2021 with a possibility of additional time thereafter.
Position Purpose and Requirements:
Perform warehouse functions of receiving, binning, picking and packing of truck parts for customer order fulfillment.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Qualified candidates, excluding current Navistar employees, must be legally authorized on an unrestricted basis (US Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident, Refugee or Asylee) to be employed in the United States. Navistar does not anticipate providing employment related work sponsorship for this position (e.g., H-1B status).
- Must wear safety shoes and approve eye protection
- Operate an electric stock chaser with training
- Positive Attitude, Ethics and Values which support our company’s values, and a healthy, high performance culture
- Prior high-volume warehouse experience or material handling work experience
- Computer literacy
- Experience with order pickers or reach trucks highly desired
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours
- Willingness and ability to be a participatory team member
Warehouse Associate – Ferguson (Union City)
We realize that our greatest assets are our best-in-class associates, which is why we’re dedicated to offering limitless opportunities for growth and advancement. We want to help you build a long-lasting career with Ferguson. Together, we can continue to lead the industry and help build our nation’s infrastructure from the ground up.
We are hiring Warehouse Associates to join our team (Monday-Friday, NO weekends!)
We offer competitive Pay & Benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401(K) savings plan with company match
- PTO (paid time off – holidays, vacation, sick and personal days)
- Disability (Short term and Long term)
- Associate Discounts
- A background in Warehouse operations, including shipping, receiving, delivery, and inventory is preferred
- Product knowledge or the ability to quickly learn it
- Forklift Operator experience is a plus but not required
- Pull and prepare orders for shipment
- Receive, verify, stage and stock all incoming material
- Ensure warehouse is clean, organized, secure, and safe at all times
*Pre-employment drug and background screening required*
Warehouse Checker/Auditor – M&W Distribution Services, Inc. (Morrow)
Full Job Description
JOB SUMMARY: Checker/Auditor is responsible for accuracy of all outbound orders. This includes piece count as well as making sure product is free of damage, infestation and that lot codes and date codes are properly recorded. Checker/Auditor assures that the quantity , quality, labeling and addressing of orders corresponds to customer specifications or other requirements. Assists warehouse supervisor in managing zone staff.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to):
- Manages the order flow to the zone order pullers making sure orders are evenly distributed.
- Ensure orders are tracked and pulled in a timely manner.
- Ensure accuracy for orders that have been pulled and staged for shipment.
- Instructs and directs order pullers on priority and sequence of orders to be pulled.
- Directs order pullers on corrective measures to be taken when an error occurs.
- Is an integral part of physical inventory in leading the count teams and organizing all paperwork.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or GED. 3-5 years’ experience in 3rd party logistics environment or WMS experience. Exceptional math and communication skills. Ability to direct warehouse staff. Ability to prioritize workflow. Strong team leader and customer service commitment. Commitment to company values. Strong work ethic.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements fisted in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Seasonal Warehouse Associate – Almo Corporation (Morrow)
Full Job Description
Almo is hiring for Seasonal Warehouse Associates to work in our Morrow, GA Distribution Center from April through August. We are offering a $500 sign-on bonus for anyone who is hired on or before June 1st. It will be paid out at the end of season, no later than August 15th.
1st shift: (Mon – Fri) 7:00am – 4:00pm
What you will do in this role:
- Palletize, band, and shrink wrapping outgoing shipments
- Treat merchandise with care and concern at all times
What we look for in a candidate:
- High School diploma or equivalent, preferred NOT REQUIRED
- Good math, language and reading skills
- High degree of attention required to prevent injury to others; promote a safe work environment
- Follow detailed instructions for operations and keeping records
- Execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner
- Maintain a clean & safe environment
Additional skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- Regularly sit on a powered industrial truck
- Frequently lift up to 50 pounds and adjust body position to bend, stoop, stand, walk, turn, pivot, and stand for long periods of time
- Have a good sense of balance
- Have good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights
- Ability to work in varying temperatures, depending upon season
Shipping Coordinator – Royal Food Service (Atlanta)
Full Job Description
Royal Food Service is looking for a Shipping Coordinator. This position is responsible for coordinating the flow of work to the warehouse ensuring outbound orders are pulled and loaded efficiently and on schedule. As a member of the night shipping office team, the shipping coordinator will utilize technology to monitor incoming orders throughout the shift and dynamically build the routes for delivery.
- Utilize various computer programs to perform job functions.
- Manage the flow of work to order selectors through printing of routes.
- Dynamically build the layout of pallets.
- Monitor status of missing orders to determine flow of work.
- Manage invoicing process and other clerical functions.
- Perform other office duties as required.
- High school diploma required.
- Previous supervisor/manager experience in a warehouse operation required.
- Ability to work and communicate with other supervisors and departments.
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office and Warehouse Management software.
- Experience within a food distribution or food manufacturing warehouse a plus.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Sound decision-making and analytical skills.
At Royal, our mission is to nourish our communities by delivering fresh ingredients, valued partnerships, and unparalleled customer service. We invite you to join us in this mission! Founded in Atlanta in 1994, we are the Southeast’s premier distributor of fresh produce and dairy products. Over the years, we have established a strong commitment to sustainable agriculture, technological innovation, and customer satisfaction. We depend on a highly interconnected, collaborative effort from all of our divisions…buyers, sales, marketing, warehousing, quality assurance, transportation, finance, and administration. By working together as a team, we are able to provide the best products and the best service for all of our customers. Together, we are a family; rooted in our passion for excellence!
In addition to competitive wages, we offer a comprehensive and flexible benefit package, allowing you to choose coverage that best meets your needs.
- Multiple Medical Plan options including company matches to Health Spending Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Dental and Vision
- Company Paid Life insurance
- Voluntary Life insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Plans
- 401(k) Savings Plan with company match
- Income Replacement Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Purchases discount program
We are proud to be a drug-free workplace! We are committed to providing an environment of diversity and mutual respect where every member of the Royal Family can thrive.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Night shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible