Job searching on the internet is both easy and difficult. But applying exclusively online can lead the modern jobseeker into an abyss of options. And because many job boards send your resume straight into an Applicant Tracking System (ATS), you might be left wondering if an actual hiring manager will ever even see your resume. Finding a fulfilling job can seem like a job in itself. But you’re in a great place to start. Thanks to a Board Volunteer, Melanated PEARL Corp helps streamline the search process by providing direct links to employment opportunities in South Metro Atlanta and Clayton County.
Week of March 1, 2021
O’Reilly Auto Parts Hiring Event (Click link to RSVP)
Offers on the spot!
Friday, March 5, 2021
8:00 AM – 12:00 PM US/Eastern
O’Reilly Auto Parts Distribution Center
4000 S CORPORATE PKWY
Forest Park, GA 30297
Interviewing for the following positions:
- Warehouse Worker – Material Handler (Full-time)
- Warehouse Delivery Driver (Full-time)
- These jobs will be located at: O’Reilly Auto Parts Distribution Center, Forest Park, GA 30297 US
- Basic Computer Skills
- Must be able to match numbers quickly and accurately
- Take pride in delivering excellent customer service
- Thrive in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment
Completing our online application prior to the event is strongly encouraged and will speed up the process.
What to wear: Dress code is Casual (come as you are, but please be presentable).
Freight/Receiving – The Home Depot (Atlanta)
Associates in Freight/Receiving positions ensure the store is stocked and ready for business every day. They load and unload trucks, move material from the receiving area throughout the store, may operate forklifts and may perform critical functions for maintaining proper on-hands and pricing for our customers. Direct customer interaction is frequently required for some positions and excellent customer service skills are required. The Freight/Receiving positions may include Freight Team Associate, Freight Team Lead, Receiving Associate and Receiving Support.
When you join our team as an Assistant Store Manager, you’ll take on key store management responsibilities including assisting with supervising day-to-day store activities, ensuring overall store performance, managing schedules, and developing operational action plans while identifying training opportunities to develop and grow the team.
Position Type: Full-Time
Average Hours: 38 hours/week
Starting Wage: 20.00/hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Assists the direct leader with developing and implementing action plans to improve operating results
- Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their direct reports to ensure mutual understanding and desired results
- Identifies training and development opportunities that will assist their direct reports in achieving enhanced performance
- Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values of the organization, to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees
- Monitors the competitive environment within the community and informs the direct leader regarding adjustments necessary to maintain the company’s competitive position
- Provides product feedback to the direct leader, including making recommendations regarding new items to carry or those that should be discontinued
- Participates in the interviewing process for store personnel
- Communicates information including weekly information, major team milestones, developments, and concerns
- Ensures store personnel adhere to inventory procedures, product handling guidelines, and cash control policies to minimize losses
- Ensures an appropriate resolution of operational customer concerns in their direct leader’s absence
- Identifies and rectifies hazards, ensuring proper ergonomics and maintaining store equipment in proper working order
- Maintains store cleanliness standards and proper store signage at all times
- Assists the direct leader with maintaining proper stock levels through appropriate product ordering
- Merchandises product neatly to maximize sales
- Ensures the quality and freshness of products for sale and accuracy of product signage
- Assists their direct leader with achieving the store payroll and total loss budget, inventory counts, and training new employees
- Supervises the day-to-day operations of their team, escalating issues to the appropriate level of support and/or leadership when necessary
- Ensures direct reports complete assigned responsibilities in a timely and effective manner to provide the highest level of customer service for the business
- Complies with all established company policies and procedures while upholding the security and confidentiality of documents and data
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to stock merchandise from store receiving to shelving; ability to place product, weighing up to 45 pounds, on shelving at various heights
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry, and walk about the store
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodations
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to provide and lead others to provide prompt and courteous customer service
- Ability to develop rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of direct reports
- Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures
- Ability to establish goals, guide employee performance to ensure the quality and completion of work assignments
- Ability to evaluate and drive performance of self and others
- Ability to understand and apply management principles concerning budgeting, personnel costs, and expenses
- Ability to operate a cash register efficiently and accurately
- Ability to safely and properly operate equipment, including electric/manual hand jack, floor scrubber, and cardboard baler and perform general cleaning duties to company standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner, following instructions and giving attention to detail
- Meets any state and local requirements for handling and selling alcoholic beverages
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in a retail environment
- A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge
- Prior management experience preferred
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
$10 – $15 an hour
Number of hires for this role: 5
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Warehouse Specialist Job
We are currently seeking motivated individuals to join our team as Warehouse Specialists! Warehouse Specialists are an important asset to our company because they are the first employees to receive our new furniture lines and the last ones to see it out the door. It is their job to keep furniture organized and damage free while it is in our stores. Warehouse Specialists also work closely with our Sales Associates and Managers which provides opportunities for advancement within the company.
Warehouse Specialist Requirements:
· High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
· Warehouse experience is a plus, but not required for consideration
· Maintain a positive attitude and focus on customer satisfaction in a fast-paced environment
· Must be able to lift at least 50lbs
General Description of Duties:
· Warehouse organization
· Loading customer vehicles
· Store maintenance/cleanliness
· Unloading furniture deliveries
· Order picking
· General labor
A Successful Candidate for This Position Will Be:
· Results driven
· Service focused
· Honest and demonstrate integrity
· A good communicator
· Proactive and a positive team player
· Paid vacations
· Health, life, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees
· 401K plan
· Employee discounts
· Opportunity for advancement
About American Freight
Since 1994, American Freight has been helping customers save money on quality furniture and mattresses. In February 2020, American Freight combined with Sears Outlet, a leading national discount retailer of home appliances, to create American Freight Furniture Mattress Appliance. The enhanced American Freight launched in June 2020, leverages the strong legacies of the founding organizations to deliver consumers a one-stop-shop for quality furniture, mattresses and appliances at everyday low prices! With over 4 million satisfied customers, American Freight will continue to grow while its mission remains the same: sell the best for less every day while delivering exceptional customer service. American Freight will continue to deliver on its commitment of take it home today with same day delivery available for all in-stock items, including appliances, with payment plan options for every customer, including no credit required and other credit options with low, easy payments. American Freight operates over 300 stores in 40 states across the United States and Puerto Rico. For more information, visit www.americanfreight.com.
- 8 hour shift
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Seasonal Warehouse Associate – Wayfair (McDonough)
Warehouse Associate – $15-$18/hr
We are Wayfair; we continue to deliver a best-in-class customer experience because of the dedicated hard-working employees within our warehouses. In order to maintain our high level of delivery standards, we are looking for people like you who enjoy an exciting fast-paced work environment.
While we’ve been busy growing our team, the safety of employees remains our #1 priority and is at the heart of every decision made. We have taken a variety of steps to ensure that Wayfair is one of the safest places to work. How we’ll keep you safe:
- Guidelines to help employees maintain proper social distancing such as staggering shifts to reduce overlap and limitations on the number of people in common spaces.
- Providing and requiring suitable PPE such as masks, gloves, and safety vests.
- Increased sanitizing stations, as well as, improved professional sanitization of each facility.
- Daily temperature checks for the protection of all employees.
- Team stretches at the start of each shift – if you’ve come to flex your muscles, you first have to stretch them!
- Competitive pay and incentives
- 401(k) savings plan w/ employer match
- Overtime pay
- Referral bonuses at $150 per hire
- Health care benefits after 90 days
What you should notice about the Warehouse Associate position:
- You’ll unload and receive inbound furniture orders which requires manually moving large, heavy products.
- Being comfortable repeatedly lifting up to 75 pounds unassisted and maneuvering product 150+ pounds unassisted or via team lift is A MUST.
- We encourage you to wear comfortable clothing to move around the warehouse safely while you work.
- You’ll need to read and comprehend English to ensure your safety and the safety of those working around you.
- No warehouse experience is necessary.
Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 9,100 retail stores across the globe.
The Distribution Clerk provides merchandise that is stored in the Distribution Center for distribution to new and existing stores.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives incoming merchandise/product.
- Processes merchandise/product per the established procedures.
- Stocks merchandise/product to the appropriate location.
- Picks merchandise per the established procedures and replenishment schedule.
- Prepares merchandise/product for new stores.
- Prepares merchandise/product for shipment.
- Completes projects as assigned by DC Supervisor and/or Manager.
- 1+ year(s) of executive experience
- Excellent mathematical aptitude/numerical recognition
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime as requested by Supervisors/Manager
- Ability to communicate/cooperate with DC associates
- Ability to use material handling equipment (pallet jacks, carts, etc.)
- Ability to lift/carry up to 40 pounds
- Ability to work in a stand/walk position for up to 10 hours
- Ability to interact professionally with both corporate and non-corporate personnel
- Prior experience in distribution center/warehouse preferred
- Optical knowledge and/or worked in a production environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent