Melanated PEARL Corporation seeks to help grantees and adults in Clayton County and South Metro Atlanta with who want to work to gain employment. Working with a Board Member volunteer, Melanated PEARL Corp is providing employment links with hiring requirements. SEE BELOW!
Week of February 15, 2021
Assistant Store Manager – Dollar General (Jonesboro)
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Good organization skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Ability to perform cash register functions and generate reports.
- Knowledge of cash, facility, and safety control policies and practices.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit control.
- Ability to drive your own vehicle to the bank to deposit money.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent strongly preferred.
- One year of experience in a retail environment and six months supervisory experience preferred.
- Frequent walking and standing
- Frequent bending, stooping, and kneeling to run check out station, stock merchandise and unload trucks; which may also require the ability to push and/or pull rolltainers for stocking merchandise
- Frequent handling of merchandise and equipment such as handheld scanners, pricing guns, box cutters, merchandise containers, two-wheel dollies, U-boats (six-wheel carts), and rolltainers
- Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds; occasional lifting of up to 55 pounds
- Occasional climbing (using step ladder) up to heights of six feet
- Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level
- Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions
- Occasional or regular driving/providing own transportation to make bank deposits, attend management meetings and travel to other Dollar General stores.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
The Assistant Store Manager helps maintain a clean, well-organized store with a customer-first focus. At the direction and delegation of the Store Manager, the Assistant Store Manager assists with supervision of store employees, management and presentation of merchandise, completion of paperwork, and preparation of deposits. The Assistant Store Manager also performs stocking and cashiering functions, and performs other duties as necessary to maximize profitability and customer satisfaction while protecting company assets and reducing losses.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide superior customer service leadership; greet and assist customers, and operate cash register and scanner to itemize the customer’s purchase.
- Open and close the store a minimum of two days per week.
- Assist Store Manager with scheduling employees, providing adequate training for employees, conducting safety meetings, and ensuring employee compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Follow company work processes to manage merchandise, including receiving, unpacking, stocking, restocking and rotating merchandise on shelves and building merchandise displays.
- Assist in maintaining accurate inventory levels by controlling damages, markdowns, scanning, paperwork, and facility controls.
- Assist in implementation and maintenance of planograms; ensure merchandise is presented according to established practices and Store Manager direction.
- Assist in ensuring financial integrity of the store through strict cashier accountability, key control, adherences to company security practices and cash control procedures; authorize and sign for refunds and overrides, count register tills, and deposit money in bank.
- Assist with management of the store in the Store Manager’s absence.
Administrative Assistant – Levy Learning Center (Atlanta)
Salary: $11 – $22 an hour
Job Type: Full-time
Number of hires for this role: 2
Full Job Description
We are looking for a responsible Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Duties of the Administrative Assistant include providing support to our managers and employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing our company’s general administrative activities. Administrative Assistant responsibilities include making travel and meeting arrangements, preparing reports and maintaining appropriate filing systems. The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to organize their work using tools, like MS Excel and office equipment. If you have previous experience as a Secretary or Executive administrative assistant and familiarity within our industry, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, a successful Admin Assistant should ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of our office.
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organize and schedule appointments
- Plan meetings and take detailed minutes
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
- Maintain contact lists
- Book travel arrangements
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Provide general support to visitors
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
- Liaise with executive and senior administrative assistants to handle requests and queries from senior managers
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant or office admin assistant
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- High School degree; additional qualification as an Administrative assistant or Secretary will be a plus
Alarm Technician – Brently Security (Atlanta)
Number of hires for this role: 1
Full Job Description
Alarm technician must be comfortable installing all equipment including cameras.
Contract length: 12 months
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 – $34.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- On the road
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Seasonal, Full Time Warehouse Team Member – Amazon (Locations vary)
Salary: Up to $690 a week
Shifts: Full-time, Part-time, Overnight, Early Morning, Day, Evening, Weekend
Job opportunities vary by location. We update postings daily with open positions.
Hourly pay rate:Earn $15/hr or more
Immediate openings available now.
Become part of the dedicated team that gets orders ready for people relying on Amazon’s service. From flexible part-time roles to full-time set schedules with health care benefits, Amazon has a variety of jobs. Find the right Amazon opportunity for you today.
Amazon remains open as an essential business to serve our communities delivering critical supplies directly to the doorsteps of people who need them. Find out what Amazon is doing to provide a safe environment for employees at this time on our COVID-19 FAQ page.
Candidates must be 18 years or older with the ability to read and speak English for safety purposes.
Reasons you’ll love working here:
Health and safety are a top priority with all of our roles and sites. We continue to consult with medical and health experts, and take all recommended precautions in our buildings and stores to keep people healthy.
- Earn more: You can expect a competitive wage and reliable paycheck when you work for Amazon.
- Career development: Many of our entry-level employees become leaders in operations, HR, and other areas. See where your Amazon journey can take you.
- Benefits: Our range of benefits can include health care starting on day one, employee discounts, 401(k) savings plans, paid time off and more! Find out which benefits you’ll get after you choose your role with us.
- Stay active: You’ll be on the move for your whole shift in our fast-paced environments.
Amazon is hiring for the following types of roles in your area:
Fulfillment Centers – Work inside an Amazon warehouse, selecting, packing and shipping customer orders. If you like a fast-paced, physical position that gets you up and moving, then come help bring orders to life. Work a set, full-time schedule. Shift options include overnight and days, and usually at least one weekend day.
- High school, GED, or equivalent diploma
Warehouse Order Puller – S&S Activewear, LLC (McDonough)
Compensation, Hours & Benefits
- $500 sign on bonus and $300 referral bonus available
- $13.50 per hour, full-time, hourly
- Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 5 PM
- The company offers vacation, personal, and sick time
- Other benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D and Short/Long term disability, FSA and 401K with 3% company contribution.
- Discounts on brand name apparel
- Employee events
The Order Fulfiller will be responsible for the completeness and correctness of all orders filled from the warehouse inventory while meeting all productivity and accuracy standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains a safe and clean warehouse
- Follows safety rules
- Acts professionally and remains focused
- Picks customer orders
- Checks packing list for accuracy and inspects items
- Drives an electric cart to pick orders
- Maintains productivity and accuracy standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to operate a warehouse cart
- Ability to follow detailed instructions/detailed oriented
- Ability to use electronic devices such as tablets, radios, scanners, etc.
- Have the physical strength and dexterity to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand and walk for 8+ hours per day
- Ability to bend, stoop, and twist on a regular basis
- Ability to work independently without close supervision and within a team
- Basic math skills, ability to count, add, and subtract numbers quickly and accurately
- Ability to communicate, understand, and read in English
- Have sufficient ability to identify colors, sizes, quantity, label, and SKU information
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime when required
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
In performing the job of a Puller, the employee must stand and walk for an 8+ hour shift. Additionally, the position requires frequent grasping, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching and handling of items with hands and arms, up to 50 lbs. Moderate Hand-Eye coordination, near vision, far vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, adjusting focus and hearing.
The job will be performed entirely in the warehouse where conditions can range from warm to cool. The job will be performed around warehouse machines and equipment with a moderate level of noise. Employee must be able to work in a high-volume, high-demand environment while meeting strenuous customer deadlines. Employee must be able to change priorities or job duties as needed and interact with employees at all levels.
Part-Time Store Associate – Aldi (Jonesboro)
Full Job Description
As a Store Associate, you’ll be responsible for merchandising and stocking product, cashiering, and cleaning to keep the store looking its best. You’ll enhance the customer shopping experience by building relationships with customers, answering questions and providing exceptional customer service.
Position Type: Part-Time
Average Hours: Less than 30 hours/week
Starting Wage: $15.00/hour plus a pay increase after the first year of employment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes customer purchases, perform general cleaning duties, merchandise products, stocks shelves and displays neatly to maximize visibility and sales.
- Assist customers with problems or concerns, and contacts management as appropriate to assist.
- Collaborates with team members and communicate relevant information to direct leader.
- Provide feedback to management on all products, inventory losses, scanning errors, and general issues that could impact productivity.
- Participates in taking store inventory counts according to guidelines and monitoring inventory.
- Complies with all established company policies and procedures while upholding the security and confidentiality of documents and data.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to stock merchandise from store receiving to shelving.
- Ability to place product, weighing up to 45 pounds, on shelving at various heights.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry, and walk about the store.
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to provide prompt and courteous customer service.
- Ability to operate a cash register efficiently and accurately.
- Ability to safely and properly operate equipment, including electric/manual hand jack, floor scrubber, and cardboard baler.
- Ability to perform general cleaning duties to company standards.
- Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to stay organized, give attention to detail, follow instructions and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
- Meets any state and local requirements for handling and selling alcoholic beverages.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Prior work experience in a retail environment preferred.
- A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Laborer, Seasonal – DHL (Union City)
Full Job Description
Laborer Seasonal – Monday thru Friday 3:30pm-11:30pm
- Performs tasks that require physical abilities and effort involving minimal specialized skill or prior work experience. Responsible for the accurate storing, shipping, and receiving of product to meet company standards or safety, security, and productivity.
- Manually load and unload freight in an efficient and safe manner.
- Provide physical labor to move product to storage areas with proper material handling equipment and efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate area.
- Assemble various types of merchandise to be shipped. Sort, recoup, pack, mark, and label materials. Check or count freight for accuracy and/or damage and infestation.
- Perform duties needed for assembling displays and other specialty value-added services per the customers’ requirements.
- Participate in physical inventories.
- Performs general grounds/building maintenance.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, preferred
- 0 to 12 months experience in a warehouse setting, preferred